The Church in Triebswetter

The foundation stone was laid on April 13th, 1846, in the presence of the whole village and in a festive atmosphere. Two years later, the works, which were almost accomplished, got interrupted by the Hungarian Revolution of 1848. The church got finally inaugurated on August 20th, 1850 (day of St.Stephen of Hungary) by the village priest, Alexander Bonnaz, who later became bishop of the Diocese of Tschanad.